- Title: Israel steps up security hours ahead of Trump visit.
- Date: 22nd May 2017
- Summary: JERUSALEM (MAY 22, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF BEAUTY SHOTS OF JERUSALEM OLD CITY WITH DOME OF THE ROCK VIEW OF CHURCH VARIOUS OF KING DAVID HOTEL WHERE U.S. PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP WILL STAY OVERNIGHT VIEW OF JERUSALEM OLD CITY VARIOUS OF POLICE DEPLOYED ACROSS STREETS POLICE STANDING NEXT TO OLD CITY WALLS CLOSE OF POLICEMAN SUNGLASSES POLICE STANDING IN FRONT OF DAMASCUS GATE VARIOUS POLICE DIRECTING TRAFFIC, STOPPING VEHICLES POLICE FORCE ARRIVING VARIOUS POLICE FORCE BEING BRIEFED VARIOUS POLICE, INCLUDING OFFICERS, WALKING ALONGSIDE OLD CITY WALLS POLICE MANNING OLD CITY AREA VIEW OF OLD CITY TOWER OF DAVID ISRAELI NEWSPAPERS HEADLINES REPORTING ON TRUMP'S VISIT
- Embargoed: 5th June 2017 07:22
- Keywords: security Jerusalem Israel U.S. President Donald Trump
- Location: JERSUALEM
- City: JERSUALEM
- Country: Israel
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016HX5GLJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Israeli police deployed thousands of policeman and women across Jerusalem on Monday (May 22), hours before U.S. President Donald Trump begins a visit to Israel and the Palestinian Territories, in hope to revive peace talks frozen since 2014.
Police spokesperson said that special patrol, counter terrorism and border police unites have deployed in and around the holy city, focusing on the centre of Jerusalem and the old city where Trump is expected to hold private visits to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and the Western Wall.
The main road leading to Jerusalem as well as central streets and junctions across the city will be closed for traffic during the day, police said.
The security operation dubbed "Blue Shield" to secure Trump and his delegation is being carried out in full coordination with the American security, police added.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None