- Title: Swedish King meets Indonesia's president during official visit
- Date: 22nd May 2017
- Summary: BOGOR, WEST JAVA PROVINCE, INDONESIA (MAY 22, 2017) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF BOGOR PRESIDENTIAL PALACE VEHICLE CARRYING THE KING AND QUEEN OF SWEDEN, CARL XVI GUSTAF AND SILVIA, ARRIVING AT THE PALACE TO GROUP OF CHILDREN DRESSED IN TRADITIONAL OUTFITS AND WAVING INDONESIA AND SWEDISH FLAGS KING CARL XVI GUSTAF GETTING OUT OF VEHICLE, SHAKING HANDS WITH INDONESIAN PRESIDENT JOKO WIDODO / QUEEN SILVIA SHAKING HANDS WITH WIDODO'S SPOUSE, IRIANA WIDODO ROYALS TALKING TO WIDODOS AS CHILDREN WALK AWAY INDONESIA STATE SYMBOL MOUNTED ON BUILDING
- Embargoed: 5th June 2017 10:20
- Keywords: Bogor Swedish King Widodo Swedish Royals Sweden Indonesia
- Location: BOGOR, WEST JAVA PROVINCE, INDONESIA
- City: BOGOR, WEST JAVA PROVINCE, INDONESIA
- Country: Indonesia
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Royals,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016HX6S07
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: King of Sweden Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia were given a state welcome by Indonesia's President Joko Widodo at the presidential palace in Bogor on Monday (May 22) for a visit aimed at strengthening bilateral ties.
The royal pair were accompanied by ministers and the representatives of a number of Sweden's largest companies, all of whom joined the King and Widodo for a bilateral meeting and signing ceremony at the colonial-style palace, located 52 km (32 miles) south of Jakarta.
Widodo welcomed the signing of various agreements between the two countries, while the King praised the two countries' "strong commitment" to strengthening bilateral cooperation and said collaboration was based on "shared fundamantal values". They both also mentioned the strengthening of cooperation in creative industries and innovations.
The King and Queen will be in Indonesia for the next two days. Their visit is the first from the Nordic monarchy in the 65 years of established Indonesia-Sweden relations.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None