- Title: Manchester residents speak out against hate at city centre vigil
- Date: 23rd May 2017
- Summary: MUSIC PLAYING AS LARGE CROWD LISTENS TWO WOMEN WITH ARMS ROUND EACH OTHER LISTENING TO MUSIC WOMAN HOLDING CANDLE LISTENING TO MUSIC
- Embargoed: 6th June 2017 22:30
- Keywords: bomb attack vigil Manchester
- Location: MANCHESTER, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: MANCHESTER, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Bombing (non-military),Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0026I2ATZB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Around 6,000 people gathered in a central Manchester Square to unite and remember the victims of the Arena attack on Monday (May 22).
People wiped away tears as Elgar's Nimrod was played in the packed and sombre square.
Performance poet Tony Walsh roused the northern city's pride with a defiant message.
At the dignified gathering the crowds ended the official ceremony with chants of "Manchester, Manchester".
At a nearby square, flowers were laid at a monument as people wiped away tears as they listened to a cellist playing nearby.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.