- Title: Dwayne Johnson talks being body conscious in 'Baywatch' remake
- Date: 23rd May 2017
- Summary: MIAMI, FLORIDA, UNITED STATES (MAY 14, 2017) (REUTERS) 8 (SOUNDBITE) ACTRESS ALEXANDRA DADDARIO, SAYING: "A lot of it just comes from who we are as people and I think that this role that I did is, you know, pretty close to me. You always sort of bring part of yourself to every role you do. This role in particular I feel like is very close to me and so I think it's just sort of license to get into that sarcastic sort of tough part of myself and see what happens and that's what great about improv too is things can happen that you don't expect that are really authentic."
- Embargoed: 6th June 2017 19:56
- Keywords: television remake reboot Baywatch Zac Efron Dwayne Johnson
- Location: MIAMI, FLORIDA; UNIDENTIFIED FILMING LOCATIONS
- City: MIAMI, FLORIDA; UNIDENTIFIED FILMING LOCATIONS
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Film,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0066I2ACLP
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Twenty eight years after the original television series 'Baywatch' debuted and became a global pop cultural phenomenon, a film version of the same name, starring Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson and Zac Efron, is hitting cinemas.
However, the family friendly tone of the series is gone, as the rebooted Baywatch is a comedy with an R rating, which Johnson admitted was the reason he wanted to star and produce the film.
One element that does remain the same is the cast all had to don their red bathing suits and parade around looking beautiful on set.
Although Johnson spent a good portion of his career as a wrestler wearing Speedos, he admitted with crowds and paparazzi watching the production, he felt self-conscious of his body.
"You become self-aware of your walk when you're on the beach," he said, adding "especially when you're running, what's bouncing, what's jiggling. It's a big pain in the ass."
'Baywatch', which also stars Indian actress Priyanka Chopra, goes on release in the U.S. on May 25.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None