- Title: Canada FM expresses condolences for Manchester terror attack
- Date: 23rd May 2017
- Summary: MEXICO CITY, MEXICO (MAY 23, 2017) (REUTERS) ****WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** MEXICAN FLAG WAVING OUTSIDE MEXICAN FOREIGN MINISTRY (LEFT TO RIGHT) MEXICAN FOREIGN MINISTER, LUIS VIDEGARAY; CANADIAN FOREIGN MINISTER, CHRYSTIA FREELAND; AND MEXICAN ECONOMY MINISTER, ILDEFONSO GUAJARDO, POSING FOR MEDIA MEDIA AND OFFICIALS AT NEWS CONFERENCE (SOUNDBITE) (English) CANADIAN FOREIGN MINISTER, CHRYSTIA FREELAND, SAYING: "Before I discuss our mutual relationship, how sorry I am personally and Canadians are together about the tragedy in Manchester. I'm a mother of three children myself and they go to concerts and it's unbelievable to me actually that this horrible act of terrorism would be committed. And I do want to say, and I'm sure Mexico joins me in saying that, the people of Great Britain have Canada's deepest sympathy." GENERAL VIEW OF OFFICIALS AT NEWS CONFERENCE WITH VIDEGARAY SPEAKING, GUAJARDO STANDING BETWEEN LECTERNS AND FREELAND LISTENING ON
- Embargoed: 6th June 2017 23:50
- Keywords: Mexico condolences Canadian Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland Canada security terror attack Manchester
- Location: MEXICO CITY, MEXICO
- City: MEXICO CITY, MEXICO
- Country: Mexico
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016I2AT6V
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Canada's Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland offered condolences to the victims of Manchester's bomb attack on Tuesday (May 23), expressing her outrage at the blast which targeted a concert of mainly young women and girls.
At least 22 people, including some children, were killed and 59 were wounded when a suicide bomber struck as thousands of fans streamed out of a concert by U.S. singer Ariana Grande in the English city of Manchester on Monday (May 22).
Freeland, speaking in Mexico City, expressed her personal condolences as a mother of three.
The U.K. has raised its terror alert level to critical after the attack with the imminent fear of another attack.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None