- Title: Palestinians tighten security ahead of Trump's visit
- Date: 23rd May 2017
- Summary: BETHLEHEM, WEST BANK (MAY 23, 3017) (REUTERS) PALESTINIAN POLICE VEHICLES DRIVING THROUGH EMPTY STREET WITH ISRAEL'S SEPARATION BARRIER IN THE BACKGROUND POSTER NEAR BARRIER DEPICTING U.S. PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP AND PALESTINIAN COUNTERPART MAHMOUD ABBAS, READING": THE CITY OF PEACE WELCOMES THE MAN OF PEACE' POLICE IN PICKUP TRUCK U.S. AND PALESTINIAN FLAGS FLYING ON A POLE NEXT TO BARRIER POLICE DRIVING THROUGH STREET, U.S. AND PALESTINIAN FLAGS FLYING CLOSE OF FLAGS VARIOUS OF FLAGS FLYING ALONG STREET POLICE PATROLLING POLICE VEHICLE DRIVING PAST POSTER OF TRUMP AND ABBAS POLICE IN PICKUP TRUCK DRIVING TOWARDS BARRIER CLOSE OF RIFLE POLICEMAN WITH RIFLE LOOKING ON
- Embargoed: 6th June 2017 05:00
- Keywords: Bethlehem security police U.S. President Donal Trump Palestinians
- Location: BETHLEHEM, WEST BANK
- City: BETHLEHEM, WEST BANK
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016I25KCN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Palestinians stepped up security on Tuesday (May 23) across Bethlehem as the West Bank town prepared for the visit of U.S. President Donald Trump.
Police forces patrolled the empty streets decorated with U.S. and Palestinian flags and a large poster welcomed the president as "the man of peace."
On the second day of his visit to the holy land, Trump will meet Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in Bethlehem and the Palestinian leader said he hoped the meeting could be "useful and fruitful."
Trump, who met Israeli leaders on Monday (May 22) has vowed to do whatever necessary to broker peace between Israel and the Palestinians, dubbing a peace accord "the ultimate deal". But so far he gave little indication of how he could revive talks that collapsed in 2014.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None