- Title: Manchester Arena cordoned off as Britain's threat level raised to "critical"
- Date: 24th May 2017
- Summary: MANCHESTER, ENGLAND, UK (MAY 24, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF POLICE AT CORDON SURROUNDING MANCHESTER ARENA VARIOUS OF MANCHESTER ARENA EXTERIOR CANDLES AT ST. ANN'S SQUARE FLOWERS AND CANDLES SIGN READING (English): "I LOVE MCR" SIGNS READING (English): "I LOVE MCR, THE CITY OF MANCHESTER STANDS UNITED" "MCR STRONGER THAN HATE UNWILLING TO FEAR" VARIOUS OF FLOWERS / SIGN READING (English): "THE CITY OF MANCHESTER IS UNITED" SIGN READING (English): "ARIANA WE LOVE YOU" FLOWERS AND TRIBUTES SIGN READING (English): "MEN ANGELS REST IN PEACE" MAN LOOKING AT FLORAL TRIBUTES VARIOUS OF SIGN IN SHAPE OF HEART WITH PICTURE OF A BEE (SYMBOL OF MANCHESTER) AND WORDS READING (English): "YOU CANNOT BREAK OUR LIBERAL HEARTS, WE ARE MANCHESTER" MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB SHIRT WITH WRITING ON IT READING (English): "STAY STRONG OUR KID BROTHER" "WE ARE NOTHING IF NOT TOGETHER" ST. ANN'S SQUARE, FLOWERS BY STATUE OF RICHARD COBDEN / SIGN WRITTEN ON GROUND READING (English): "WE WILL STAND TOGETHER, NO FEAR, ONE LOVE"
- Embargoed: 7th June 2017 07:28
- Keywords: soldiers security suicide bombing Arena Manchester
- Location: MANCHESTER, ENGLAND, UK
- City: MANCHESTER, ENGLAND, UK
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Bombing (non-military),Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0016I7516V
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Manchester Arena remained cordoned off by police on Wednesday (May 24), a day after Britain raised its terror threat to the highest level of "critical" following a suicide attack on the concert hall that killed 22 people, including children.
Floral tributes for the victims were laid at St. Ann's Square in the centre of the Manchester. The bombing wounded 59 people, some have life-threatening injuries.
Police had earlier named British-born Salman Abedi, 22, as the perpetrator of the bombing at the Manchester Arena indoor venue at the end of a concert by U.S. pop singer Ariana Grande on Monday (May 22), attended by thousands of children and teenagers.
Soldiers are to be deployed to key sites in Britain to boost security.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None