- Title: Tottenham Hotspur train ahead of friendly in Hong Kong
- Date: 25th May 2017
- Summary: HONG KONG, CHINA (MAY 25, 2017) (REUTERS) VIEW OF STADIUM BANNER READING "HONG KONG STADIUM" TOTTENHAM TEAM ARRIVING FOR TRAINING SESSION DEFENDER KIERAN TRIPPIER LYING ON HIS BACK STRETCHING SPURS PLAYERS ON THEIR BACKS STRETCHING / VICTOR WANYAMA STRETCHING TO THE RIGHT OF TRIPPIER SPURS STRIKER HARRY KANE (LEFT) AND MIDFIELDER ERIC DIER (RIGHT) SITTING ON ROLLERS CLOSE OF KANE'S SHOE CLOSE OF KANE SPURS PLAYERS TRAINING ON ROLLERS CLOSE OF MIDFIELDER DELE ALLI IN TRAINING MORE OF KANE AND DIER ON ROLLERS MORE OF TRIPPIER DURING TRAINING PLAYERS MOVING AWAY FROM MATS AND ROLLERS SPURS FANS IN CROWD CHEERING SPURS FANS CHANTING: "WE LOVE YOU TOTTENHAM, WE DO, WE LOVE YOU TOTTENHAM, WE DO, WE LOVE YOU TOTTENHAM, WE DO, OH TOTTENHAM WE LOVE YOU" (SOUNDBITE) (English) TOTTENHAM FAN, TOM ROBINSON, SAYING: "Yeah, I'm from London and I've been out here six years. This is probably closer to the players I've ever got than in all my time in London. So we really appreciate them coming this far. Even if it is on the back of a very long and tough season. But a season we're all happy with." STADIUM (SOUNDBITE) (English) SPURS FAN CHRIS BHOJWANI, SAYING: "It's nice for all the fans in Asia to see their heroes in person after watching them on TV throughout the whole season. So it's really good, it's really good for building up the Tottenham image in Asia as well. We're a supporters club 'The Hong Kong Spurs'." TOTTENHAM FAN GETTING SHIRT SIGNED BY A PLAYER PLAYERS POSING WITH FANS SPURS FAN TAKING SELFIE WITH FRENCH FORWARD GEORGES-KEVIN NKOUDOU / KANE POSING WITH FAN FOR SELFIE MORE OF FANS TAKING SELFIES WITH PLAYERS TOTTENHAM MASCOT "CHIRPY" PLAYING WITH YOUNG FAN
- Embargoed: 8th June 2017 17:00
- Keywords: Dele Alli Harry Kane Hong Kong China Tottenham Hotspur
- Location: HONG KONG, CHINA
- City: HONG KONG, CHINA
- Country: Hong Kong
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016IC5CU7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: English Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur trained in Hong Kong on Thursday (May 25) ahead of their friendly against the territory's recently crowned champions Kitchee.
Hundreds of fans turned out to the public training session getting autographs and selfies with the players.
After days of torrential rain, the pitch looked like it had held up.
The game, which will be played at Hong Kong Stadium on Friday (May 26), will take place less than a week after the conclusion of the English league season and will be part of the 20th anniversary celebrations of the return of the former British colony to Chinese rule.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None