- Title: U.S. envoy to the U.N.visits refugee camp in Turkey
- Date: 25th May 2017
- Summary: BOYNUYOGUN, TURKEY (MAY 24, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF CHILDREN PLAYING IN CAMP U.S. AMBASSADOR TO UNITED NATIONS, NIKKI HALEY, ARRIVING AT CAMP VARIOUS OF DOCTOR EXAMINING SYRIAN TODDLER HALEY PLAYING WITH TODDLER SYRIAN CHILDREN SITTING IN CLASSROOM HALEY TALKING TO SYRIAN CHILDREN VARIOUS OF CHILDREN IN CLASSROOM CILVEGOZU, TURKEY (MAY 24, 2017) (REUTERS) SYRIA'S BAB AL-HAWA CROSSING AS FILMED FROM TURKEY'S CILVEGOZU BORDER GATE SIGN OF BAB AL-HAWA CROSSING VARIOUS OF HALEY AND DELEGATES ARRIVING TURKISH SOLDIER ON SECURITY VARIOUS OF HALEY SPEAKING TO TURKISH OFFICIAL TURKISH OFFICIAL SPEAKING REYHANLI, TURKEY (MAY 24, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF HALEY PACKING HUMANITARIAN AID AT U.N. STORAGE OFFICE ADANA, TURKEY (MAY 24, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF HALEY AND TURKISH OFFICIALS CUTTING RIBBON AT SCHOOL OPENING
- Embargoed: 8th June 2017 14:08
- Keywords: camp Syrian conflict refugees Nikki Haley U.N. envoy United States Turkey
- Location: ADANA / REYHANLI / BOYNUYOGUN / CILVEGOZU, TURKEY
- City: ADANA / REYHANLI / BOYNUYOGUN / CILVEGOZU, TURKEY
- Country: Turkey
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Military Conflicts
- Reuters ID: LVA0016IC7Y2V
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: United States Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley paid a visit to refugee camps in Turkey on Wednesday (May 24).
Her visit was part of a two-day trip aimed at finding out how Syrian refugees were coping with their conditions at shelters.
It was the first overseas trip by Haley, a member of President Donald Trump's cabinet, and follows an effort by Trump to temporarily ban refugees from entering the United States and to cut funding to the United Nations and its agencies.
A crackdown by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on pro-democracy protesters in 2011 led to civil war and Islamic State militants used the chaos to seize territory in Syria and Iraq. Half of Syria's 22 million people have been uprooted and more than 400,000 killed.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None