- Title: UKIP chides May over Manchester attack as election campaign resumes
- Date: 25th May 2017
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK (MAY 25, 2017) (REUTERS) UKIP LOGO
- Embargoed: 8th June 2017 17:21
- Keywords: manifesto launch UKIP election bomb attack Manchester
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Defence,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0046IC84EF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Britain's UK Independence Party (UKIP) criticised Prime Minister Theresa May's record on security after a bombing in Manchester as it announced its policy pledges on Thursday (May 25), restarting an election campaign which was suspended following the suicide attack.
UKIP, which was key to securing Britain's exit from the European Union, said the best response to the militants was to begin electioneering as soon as possible.
It launched its manifesto by focusing on Monday's (May 22) bombing in Manchester, which killed 22 people and injured dozens more, and criticised May's tenure as interior minister from 2010 to 2016 and as prime minister since last summer.
UKIP's plans include banning the Islamic full-face veil known as the burqa in public places and introducing a "one in, one out" immigration policy which would slash the number of people arriving in Britain.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None