- Title: Sydney shines under the spotlight from world's largest light festival
- Date: 26th May 2017
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (English) MELISSA TRINDA SAYING: "We just enjoy walking around looking at everything, cause there's a lot of small things to look at." PEOPLE LOOKING AT ILLUMINATED BALLS PERSON TAKING PHOTOGRAPH ILLUMINATED BALLS PERSON TAKING PHOTOGRAPH ILLUMINATED BALLS (SOUNDBITE) (English) MICHELLE SYMES SAYING: "Energy, the crowds, the colours, the light, everything. It's just spectacular." VARIOUS OF POLICE FIRE DEPARTMENT VEHICLE VARIOUS OF POLICE PEOPLE WALKING WALLS OF MUSEUM OF CONTEMPORARY ART AUSTRALIA PROJECTED WITH IMAGES
- Embargoed: 9th June 2017 14:59
- Keywords: Australia Opera House Sydney lights
- Location: SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
- City: SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
- Country: Australia
- Topics: Art,Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Human Interest / Brights / Odd News
- Reuters ID: LVA0036IH7FQ1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:The Sydney Opera House and other iconic Sydney landmarks were immersed in a sea of colour and vibrant images as part of the annual Vivid light Festival on Friday (May 26).
The famous sails of the Sydney Opera House were projected with shimmering marine creatures, while the Sydney Harbour Bridge was illuminated in an array of fluorescent colours.
The 23 night event features more than 90 large scale light installations across Sydney, created by over 180 local and international artists.
According to Vivid Sydney organisers, the light festival was attended by 2.31 million people in 2016.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None