- Title: Robert Pattinson went un-papped during NY shoot for Cannes movie
- Date: 25th May 2017
- Summary: ***WARNING CONTAINS PROFANITY*** (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR, ROBERT PATTINSON, SAYING (ON WHETHER HE WOULD CONSIDER DIRECTING A FILM): "I don't know I just don't want to be one of those actors who kind of tries to do something and it's just shit basically, and I'm trying to work with a lot of my favourite directors and stuff and I don't know hopefully it rubs off eventually."
- Embargoed: 8th June 2017 22:42
- Keywords: Benny Safdie Josh Safdie Good Time Robert Pattinson
- Location: CANNES, FRANCE / VARIOUS FILM LOCATIONS
- City: CANNES, FRANCE / VARIOUS FILM LOCATIONS
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Film,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA00A6IC92DP
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT CONTAINS A PROFANITY IN SHOT 17
Robert Pattinson, a man used to being pursued by fans and paparazzi, managed to shoot an entire film on the streets of New York without being recognised, he said on Thursday (May 25) ahead of the movie's world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival.
"Good Time" was filmed 'guerrilla style' among real people on the streets, meaning it was vital the camera-phones did not start firing, said Pattinson, who plays a man trying to get his younger brother out of jail after a botched bank heist.
The anonymity was important as the crew were using real locations, without cordoning off the public, he said.
Co-directors, brothers Josh and Benny Safdie - Benny also acts in the film - said Pattinson - who has sought out a strong of challenging art-house projects since soaring to stardom in the Twilight movies - had approached them after seeing their previous film "Heaven Knows What".
Critics at Cannes said the movie could cement Pattinson's position as a grade-A actor as well as an A-list star.
Pattinson's former girlfriend Kristen Stewart is also in Cannes for her directorial debut 'Come Swim'. He told Reuters that he had not yet seen her film.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None