- Title: Rare art previewed in Hong Kong ahead of London auction
- Date: 29th May 2017
- Summary: HONG KONG, CHINA (MAY 29, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF SOTHEBY'S SENIOR INTERNATIONAL SPECIALIST OF IMPRESSIONIST AND MODERN ART SIMON STOCK TALKING ABOUT PAINTING 'BILD MIT WEISSEN LINIEN' BY WASSILY KANDINSKY PAINTING 'BILD MIT WEISSEN LINIEN' BY WASSILY KANDINSKY KANDINSKY SIGNATURE (SOUDBITE) (English) SOTHEBY'S SENIOR INTERNATIONAL SPECIALIST OF IMPRESSIONIST AND MODERN ART SIMON STOCK, SAYING: "There are three works in the 'Impressionist and Modern Sale' in London on the 21st of June carrying strong estimates which are contention to perhaps achieve new records for the artist. One of these is a fabulous constellations by Miro. Which is valued in excess of $30 million dollars. Behind me, a fantastic canvass by Kandinsky dating to the seminal year of 1913. That's in excess of $35 million dollars." KANDINSKY SIGNATURE VARIOUS OF STOCK TALKING ABOUT 'LANDSCHAFT MIT GRUENEM HAUS' BY WASSILY KANDINSKY JOAN MIRO PAINTING 'FEMME ET OISEAUX' VARIOUS OF STOCK TALKING ABOUT JOAN MIRO PAINTING 'FEMME ET OISEAUX' (SOUDBITE) (English) SOTHEBY'S SENIOR INTERNATIONAL SPECIALIST OF IMPRESSIONIST AND MODERN ART SIMON STOCK, SAYING: "This is an extraordinary body of work coming to auction. One of the strongest auctions we've held in London for a long time. And it will be interesting to see how the results compare." TURNER VARIOUS OF J.M.W TURNERS 'LIGHT AND LANDSCAPE'
- Embargoed: 12th June 2017 11:31
- Keywords: Kandinsky modern art impressionist sotheyby's art
- Location: HONG KONG, CHINA
- City: HONG KONG, CHINA
- Country: Hong Kong
- Topics: Art,Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Human Interest / Brights / Odd News
- Reuters ID: LVA0016IW5849
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Sotheby's Hong Kong displayed four artworks by Wassily Kandinsky, Joan Miro and J.M.W Turner totalling $130 million USD ahead of the London auction.
The paintings by Kandinsky are considered some of his most important pieces and have price tags of $20-30 million USD.
His painting 'Bildt mit Weissen Linien', painted in 1913, was in the Russian state collection until a private German cultural foundation exchanged them for letters by former Russian leader Vladimir Lenin.
Hong Kong is the first country to preview the art collection for Sotheby's upcoming auction, the exhibition will travel to London on June 21st.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None