- Title: Generations of Baywatch stars celebrate iconic TV showâ€™s silver screen revamp
- Date: 14th May 2017
- Summary: MIAMI, FLORIDA, UNITED STATES (MAY 13, 2017) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (ENGLISH) ZAC EFRON, SAYING: "I love pushing myself it was a part of the character I'm playing an olympic athlete so I wanted to train like one and I had great trainers around me I had nutritionists around me and it became a part of Brody so I'm very happy that it shows up and it came out the way it did but keeping up with The Rock is impossible." TIGHT OF FAN CROWD (MUTE) (SOUNDBITE) (ENGLISH) "BAYWATCH" WRITER MARK SMITH, SAYING: "The show never took itself too serious so we didn't want to take it too seriously, so we kind of wanted to give that same experience it was fun, it was sexy."
- Embargoed: 28th May 2017 03:54
- Keywords: series beach lifeguards red carpet celebrities premiere movie Baywatch
- Location: MIAMI, FLORIDA, UNITED STATES / UNIDENTIFIED FILM LOCATION
- City: MIAMI, FLORIDA, UNITED STATES / UNIDENTIFIED FILM LOCATION
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Government/Politics,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0086GT77T9
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The actors who starred in the original, iconic "Baywatch" TV series were on hand to pass the torch to a new generation as Paramount premiered the big screen revamp of the beach hit in Miami on Saturday (May 13).
Producer and star Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson said what made the original show work was how realistic and serious the original lifeguard action was and that that was important to maintain while updating the script.
Actor David Hasselhoff, who played a key role in the original series, meanwhile, acknowledged that changing times led to a changed Baywatch, but one that he was happy to see that it includes "today's humor."
Yet for Johnson's costar Zac Efron, he said part of the challenge of the film was taking on the heroic task of try to match physiques with Johnson, who's as famous for his calorie-packed diet and his intense work out regime as he is for his time as professional wrestler "The Rock."
Writers said the screenplay while action packed and serious in the life guard aspects had to maintain the fun and flash of the original TV show.
Actors say a large part of the new Baywatch boasts both strength and diversity and its female characters by comparison to the original show that aired from 1989 to 2001.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None