- Title: Indonesia says hopsital hit by ransomware attack
- Date: 14th May 2017
- Summary: SCREEN SHOWS A MONITOR WHICH AFFECTED BY THE MALWARE
- Embargoed: 28th May 2017 09:58
- Keywords: ministry attack hospital ransomware
- Location: JAKARTA, INDONESIA
- City: JAKARTA, INDONESIA
- Country: Indonesia
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice
- Reuters ID: LVA0026GT7AYV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: **EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: PART AUDIO AS INCOMING**
Two major Indonesian hospitals were struck by the "ransomware" cyber attack and work is underway to resolve the problems caused by it, Information and Communication Minister Rudiantara told reporters on Sunday (May 14).
Jakarta's Dharmais Hospital is manually re-installing its system he said. Officials said earlier that operational delays were expected at the hospital.
The attack, which leverages hacking tools believed to have been developed by the U.S. National Security Agency, has infected tens of thousands of computers in nearly 100 countries.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Video restrictions: parts of this video may require additional clearances. Please see ‘Business Notes’ for more information.