- Title: Video shows former FBI director James Comey attending church
- Date: 14th May 2017
- Summary: MCLEAN, VIRGINIA, UNITED STATES (MAY 14, 2017) (REUTERS) WIDE OF COMEY'S CHURCH, LEWINSVILLE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH COMEY AND FAMILY MEMBERS WALKING DOWN SHADED PATH TOWARD WAITING VEHICLE SIGN FOR LEWINSVILLE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH VEHICLE CARRYING COMEY FAMILY LEAVING PARKING LOT AND TURNING ONTO ROAD
- Embargoed: 28th May 2017 18:05
- Keywords: Donald Trump Federal Bureau of Investigation FBI James Comey
- Location: MCLEAN, VIRGINIA, UNITED STATES
- City: MCLEAN, VIRGINIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0026GT8QBR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Former Federal Bureau of Investigation director James Comey attended church with his family on Sunday (May 14).
U.S. President Donald Trump sparked a political firestorm when he abruptly fired Comey last week. The FBI has been investigating alleged Russian meddling in the U.S. election and possible.
Trump initially said he removed Comey because he was not doing a good job and that Comey lost the support of FBI employees.
On Friday (May 12), Trump warned the ousted FBI Director not to talk to the media, a highly unusual move that prompted fresh charges the president is trying to silence the man who led an investigation into possible collusion between Trump's election campaign and Russia.
On Twitter, Trump appeared to suggest that if Comey gave his version of contacts between them, the administration might produce tapes of conversations, although it was not clear if such tapes exist. The veiled threat added to the storm over Trump's abrupt firing of Comey on Tuesday (May 9).
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None