- Title: Japan says repeated North Korean missile a threat to region
- Date: 14th May 2017
- Summary: TOKYO, JAPAN (MAY 14, 2017) (REUTERS) JAPANESE FLAG FLYING OUTSIDE THE PRIME MINISTER'S OFFICES PRIME MINISTER'S OFFICE MAIN FACADE
- Embargoed: 28th May 2017 01:14
- Keywords: reaction misile north korea japan
- Location: TOKYO, JAPAN
- City: TOKYO, JAPAN
- Country: Japan
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0026GT770N
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Japan said on Sunday (May 14) North Korea's repeated missile launch were a great threat and totally unacceptable.
Abe's comments were made soon after North Korea was reported to have launched what appeared to be a ballistic missile which landed in the Sea of Japan 30 minutes after being launched.
While it is believed the missile did not land within Japanese water or its Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ), Japan says the missile is a risk to aviation and ships in the region, while also being against the United Nation's Security Council Resolution.
The North attempted but failed to test-launch ballistic missiles four consecutive times in the past two months but has conducted a variety of missile testing since the beginning of last year at an unprecedented pace.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None