- Title: The Charlatans release ''Different Days''
- Date: 10th May 2017
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK (MAY 5, 2017) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) BAND MATES TIM BURGESS AND MARK COLLINS, ASKED ABOUT THE IMPACT OF THEIR DRUMMER JON BROOKES' DEATH IN 2013, SAYING: MARK COLLINS: ''Well after Jon (Brookes, drummer) died, we were a drummer short in the group. So, that what was first led us to recording with someone that didn't grow up with the band. I mean as a band member. I suppose in a way it kind of opened our ears to the prospect of of inviting new people in, that weren't necessarily, haven't been there for last 20 years. So in a way, you know, the loss of a member, maybe broaden our horizons to turn something into a positive.'' BAND MATES TALKING TO REPORTER (SOUNDBITE) (English) BAND MATES TIM BURGESS AND MARK COLLINS ASKED ABOUT THE IDEA BEHIND THE SONG "PLASTIC MACHINERY", SAYING: TIM BURGESS: ''The idea of the song really is that, the machinery, if the machinery is like the ruling class then it's a bit fragile, bit broken, made out of plastic.'' BURGESS SPEAKING (SOUNDBITE) (English) BAND MATES TIM BURGESS AND MARK COLLINS ASKED ABOUT KEEPING QUIET ON THE ALBUM'S RELEASE, SAYING: TIM BURGESS: ''Yeah, well as soon as it's finished, I found it really hard to keep it a secret. But you know, I have.'' MARK COLLINS: ''Have you leaked it?'' TIM BURGESS: ''No, I don't think so.''
- Embargoed: 24th May 2017 16:41
- Keywords: London rock Charlatans Music
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / UNIDENTIFIED FILM LOCATIONS
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / UNIDENTIFIED FILM LOCATIONS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Music,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0046G9768D
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: British indie band 'The Charlatans' release their thirteenth studio album later this month, and have brought a host of guest collaborators on board to help out.
"Different Days", features contributions from the likes of "The Smiths" legendary guitarist Johnny Marr, Paul Weller, as well as crime writer Ian Rankin and writer and actress Sharon Horgan.
Singer Tim Burgess and guitarist Mark Collins spoke to Reuters about the project, as well as about the death of drummer Jon Brookes in 2013.
'Different Days' is out on May 26.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None