- Title: The Charlatans release ''Different Days''
- Date: 10th May 2017
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK (MAY 5, 2017) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) BAND MATES TIM BURGESS AND MARK COLLINS ASKED ABOUT COLLABORATING WITH JOHNNY MARR FROM THE SMITHS ON THE NEW ALBUM, SAYING: MARK COLLINS: ''It was nice yeah. I showed him a thing or two - he kept up and it was a good result.'' TIM BURGESS: ''We've known Johnny since 99, don't we?'' MARK COLLINS: ''Yeah.'' TIM BURGESS: ''And through our producer Jim Spencer and we worked with Jim again and we could have really..'' MARK COLLINS: ''Well Johnny played lived with us about 2001, but this was the first time that we actually got him.'' TIM BURGESS: ''In the studio'' MARK COLLINS: ''And committed to tape.'' TIM BURGESS: ''And it was quite social you know we asked him over, to come over for a cup of tea really. And you know bring your guitar kind of thing, and he did, and, you know instead of staying for an hour he stayed for five hours andâ€¦'' MARK COLLINS: Instead of doing one track he did three.'' TIM BURGESS: ''Yes, instead of one track he did three, so it's very nice. The whole album for me really is you know is a sort of social thing and it is very much about keeping your friends close.''
- Embargoed: 24th May 2017 16:41
- Keywords: London rock Charlatans Music
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / UNIDENTIFIED FILM LOCATIONS
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / UNIDENTIFIED FILM LOCATIONS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Music,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0026G9768D
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: British indie band 'The Charlatans' release their thirteenth studio album later this month, and have brought a host of guest collaborators on board to help out.
"Different Days", features contributions from the likes of "The Smiths" legendary guitarist Johnny Marr, Paul Weller, as well as crime writer Ian Rankin and writer and actress Sharon Horgan.
Singer Tim Burgess and guitarist Mark Collins spoke to Reuters about the project, as well as about the death of drummer Jon Brookes in 2013.
'Different Days' is out on May 26.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None