- Title: Paris 2024 shows off potential Olympics sites as commission weighs bid
- Date: 15th May 2017
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (MAY 15, 2017) (REUTERS) BOAT PASSING UNDERNEATH BRIDGE ALONG RIVER SEINE IN FRONT OF EIFFEL TOWER BOAT ON RIVER SEINE SAINT-DENIS, FRANCE (MAY 15, 2017) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF STADE DE FRANCE SIGN READING (English): "WELCOME TO THE EVALUATION COMMISSION!" INTERIOR OF STADE DE FRANCE YOUNG GIRL RUNNING INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE (IOC) EVALUATION COMMISSION CHAIRMAN, PATRICK BAUMANN, ARRIVING WITH PARIS 2024 BID LEADER, TONY ESTANGUET IOC MEMBER GUY DRUT ARRIVING ESTANGUET AND BAUMANN PREPARING TO RUN RACE WITH YOUNG CHILDREN CHILDREN WATCHING ESTANGUET AND BAUMANN RUNNING RACE WITH YOUNG CHILDREN CHILDREN RUNNING IN RACE PARIS 2024 BID LEADER, BERNARD LAPASSET, TALKING TO OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST, ALAIN BERNARD, AND BRONZE-MEDALIST SPRINTER, MURIEL HURTIS-HOUAIRI (SOUNDBITE) (French) OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST, ALAIN BERNARD, SAYING: "We have to show them who we are, quite simply. It's with our uniqueness, our French character, with our heritage, our know-how. We must not hide away, we need to show who we are, what we want, where we want to go, and do everything to convince them that choosing us over Los Angeles would be the better choice." IOC EVALUATION COMMITTEE, ATHLETES AND PARIS 2024 OFFICIALS POSING FOR PHOTO BAUMANN WAVING AS HE POSES FOR PHOTO WITH CHILDREN ESTANGUET TAKING SELFIE YOUNG GIRL ROLLING OVER ON RACING TRACK VARIOUS OF FRENCH ATHLETES, INCLUDING BERNARD AND BRONZE-MEDALIST SPRINTER, MURIEL HURTIS-HOUAIRI (SOUNDBITE) (French) BRONZE-MEDALIST SPRINTER, MURIEL HURTIS-HOUAIRI, SAYING: "Why Paris? Because quite simply Paris is really the town to welcome the games when it comes to the sites, which are wonderful, magnificent sites. The Olympic village would also meet all the needs of sportsmen and women. The whole of French sport, all the athletes, are working for this candidacy." PARIS, FRANCE (MAY 15, 2017) (REUTERS) BOAT PASSING ALONG RIVER SEINE JUSTICE PALACE SEEN FROM RIVER SEINE GRAND PALAIS
- Embargoed: 29th May 2017 15:55
- Keywords: candidacy Olympic committee Olympics IOC Evaluation Commission Paris 2024
- Location: PARIS AND SAINT-DENIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS AND SAINT-DENIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Olympics,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016GYA0QN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Paris 2024's Olympic bid committee showed off the city's potential sites on Monday (May 15) to the International Olympic Commitee's (IOC) Evaluation Committee who are weighing up its bid to host the games.
The committee, fronted by Chairman Patrick Baumann, visited sites including the Saint-Denis stadium and the planned Olympic village, as well as the Grand Palais museum which would host taekwondo and fencing if the French capital is picked.
Paris is competing with Los Angeles to host the games, whose bid was assessed by the IOC evaluation commission earlier this week.
The final IOC vote will be held on Sept. 13 in Lima.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None