- Title: U.S. Olympic speed skating medallist Creveling given four-year ban for doping
- Date: 16th May 2017
- Summary: SOCHI, RUSSIA (FEBRUARY 22, 2014) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) U.S. SHORT TRACK SPEED SKATER, CHRIS CREVELING SAYING: "But, yeah my eyes lit up, literally, when this first corner catastrophe happened and I just saw that opening and I hoped to God that they didn't call back the race and it played out from there as a two team race and we didn't want to get caught up in the back, and that was our goal all along." SOCHI SIGN U.S. MEN'S SHORT TRACK SPEED SKATING TEAM (CHRIS CREVELING SECOND FROM LEFT) POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS
- Embargoed: 30th May 2017 10:21
- Keywords: Chris Creveling
- Location: KEARNS, UTAH, UNITED STATES; SOCHI, RUSSIA
- City: KEARNS, UTAH, UNITED STATES; SOCHI, RUSSIA
- Country: USA
- Topics: Speed Skating,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0036H37KU7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Olympic speed skating silver medallist Chris Creveling will miss next year's Winter Games in Pyeongchang after being given a four-year ban for testing positive for a prohibited substance, the US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has said.
Creveling, who won silver in the 5,000 metres relay at the Winter Games in Sochi in 2014, tested positive for testosterone-booster clomiphene in an out-of-competition test taken in October.
Creveling's ban had been backdated to Nov. 18 last year, the day he accepted a provisional suspension, and he had been "disqualified from all competitive results obtained on and subsequent to October 18, 2016," USADA said in a statement.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Video restrictions: parts of this video may require additional clearances. Please see ‘Business Notes’ for more information.