- Title: South Korea, U.S. agree to hold summit in late June
- Date: 16th May 2017
- Summary: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA (MAY 16, 2017) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF SOUTH KOREAN FOREIGN MINISTRY BUILDING SIGNBOARD READING (Korean / English): "MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS" UNITED STATES DELEGATION WALKING U.S. WHITE HOUSE ADVISER, MATT POTTINGER, WALKING AMONGST DELEGATION TOWARDS LIFT LIFT DOOR CLOSING POTTINGER AND DELEGATION WALKING OUT OF LIFT (SOUNDBITE) (English) U.S. WHITE HOUSE ADVISER, MATT POTTINGER, SAYING: "We reaffirmed our desire to get the two leaders together quickly. And I am happy to report as well that the state of the alliance is strong. I am fully confident that it is only going to grow stronger." POTTINGER LEAVING SENIOR SECRETARY OF PUBLIC RELATIONS FOR PRESIDENT OF SOUTH KOREA, YOON YOUNG-CHAN, WALKING UP TO PODIUM DURING NEWS BRIEFING JOURNALISTS SEATED (SOUNDBITE) (Korean) SENIOR SECRETARY OF PUBLIC RELATIONS FOR PRESIDENT OF SOUTH KOREA, YOON YOUNG-CHAN, SAYING: "We have reached a fundamental agreement on holding an early summit between the U.S. and South Korea at the end of June in Washington, and details on the itinerary and agenda will also be decided through diplomatic channels." VARIOUS OF YOON SPEAKING AT PODIUM
- Embargoed: 30th May 2017 08:18
- Keywords: summit president Donald Trump Moon Jae-in United States South Korea
- Location: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- City: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- Country: South Korea
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016H37PL3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: New South Korean President Moon Jae-in will visit Washington in late June for a summit with U.S. President Donald Trump, South Korea's presidential office said on Tuesday (May 16).
Moon's foreign policy adviser met with Trump's national security advisers in Seoul on Tuesday and agreed to the meeting. "We reaffirmed our desire to get the two leaders together quickly," said U.S. White House adviser Matt Pottinger.
The Blue House also said South Korea and the United States agreed the ultimate goal was North Korea's denuclearisation, South Korea's news agency Yonhap said.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None