- Title: White House locked down after person jumps barrier - Secret Service
- Date: 16th May 2017
- Summary: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES (MAY 16, 2017) (REUTERS) SECURITY VEHICLE SECURITY OFFICIALS STANDING THREE MEN TALKING WOMAN WITH HANDS BEHIND HER BACK BEING LOADED ON TO AMBULANCE TRUCK WIDE SHOT OF AMBULANCE TRUCK
- Embargoed: 30th May 2017 22:38
- Keywords: custody North Fence bike rack lockdown threat White House
- Location: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- City: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0026H3B4UF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:The U.S. Secret Service said late on Tuesday (May 16) that it had lifted a security lockdown put into effect at the White House after a person tried to jump over a bike rack used as a barrier along the north fence of the mansion where President Donald Trump lives and works.
The suspect was in custody, the security office also said on Twitter.
Security had been tight for Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan's visit earlier in the day, as protesters gathered in front of the White House. Erdogan left before the lockdown.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None