- Title: Dutch King reveals secret flights as commercial co-pilot
- Date: 17th May 2017
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (FILE - MARCH 10, 2016) (AGENCY POOL) **** WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY **** VARIOUS OF KING WILLEM-ALEXANDER AND QUEEN MAXIMA ARRIVING AT FRENCH PRESIDENTIAL PALACE, BEING GREETED BY HOLLANDE/ENTERING BUILDING VARIOUS OF HOLLANDE AND DUTCH ROYAL COUPLE DURING MEETING
- Embargoed: 31st May 2017 22:18
- Keywords: co-pilot flights secret Dutch King Willem-Alexander
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Royals,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0026H8AYBR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Dutch King Willem-Alexander revealed details of his secret life as a co-pilot on commercial airline flights on Wednesday (May 17), in an interview with De Telegraaf newspaper.
The article detailed how the 50-year-old monarch flew twice a month for 21 years, with his passengers none the wiser.
A keen pilot, the King obtained his Commercial Pilot's Licence in 1987 followed by his Airline Transport Pilot Licence in 2001 according to the official website of the Dutch Royal Family.
The website states that he occasionally flew as a guest pilot with KLM Cityhopper in order to keep his skills sharp and has plans to train on Boeing 737 aircraft in order to continue with the airline when they replace their fleet.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None