- Title: Injustice 2 brings DC Super-Heroes and Super-Villains to fight
- Date: 18th May 2017
- Summary: GAME PLAY ONGOING VARIOUS OF TOURNAMENT ONGOING
- Embargoed: 1st June 2017 19:44
- Keywords: Ed Boon London games Injustice 2 DC Comics
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK / UNIDENTIFIED FILM LOCATIONS
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK / UNIDENTIFIED FILM LOCATIONS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Human Interest / Brights / Odd News,Sport,Video Games
- Reuters ID: LVA0096HD57X5
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:An event held in London on Tuesday (May 16) previews the new game Injustice 2 with a special tournament and cosplayers.
The new game continues the story of its 2013 predecessor Injustice: Gods Among Us, "beginning in a fractured universe where bonds are broken and every alliance is thrown into war", according to the press release.
With 29 playable characters, plus more available for download or through the deluxe and ultimate versions, the game brings both new and returning DC heroes and villains. Wonder Woman makes an appearance, as well as Batman and Superman. Among the new characters are Cheetah, Firestorm, Robin, Supergirl as well as a few more obscure ones from the DC universe.
The story of the new game shows "Batman and his allies working "towards putting the pieces of society back together, but struggle against those who would restore Superman's Regime", according to the game's press release.
Each of the many DC playable characters in Injustice 2 have their own style and combination of special moves.
New gear and abilities can be earned and a new Multiverse Mode offers players the chance to participate in different challenges to earn additional rewards.
Injustice 2 is released May 19th on Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Video restrictions: parts of this video may require additional clearances. Please see ‘Business Notes’ for more information.