- Title: Cara Delevingne says shaved head is 'liberating'
- Date: 18th May 2017
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (English) MODEL AND ACTRESS, CARA DELEVINGNE, SAYING: "You know when it's a part like that especially when it's to do with things like cancer I needed to feel what it would be like to have no hair, and again in terms of you know the way you look I think it's so important to feel beautiful no matter, it doesn't matter if you have hair, it doesn't matter at all, and it was one of the most liberating things I've ever done. I don't know how long I'm going to keep a shaved head for but I really like it a lot." SCOTT AND DELEVINGNE CAMERAMAN FILMING DELEVINGNE POSING FOR PHOTOS (SOUNDBITE) (English) MODEL AND ACTRESS, CARA DELEVINGNE, SAYING: "It (acting) not about expressing my personality, I really try and channel the role that I'm playing, so I kind of have to strip that away, you know depending on the character, 'cause I do tend to have quite a large personality some of the time, yeah it's about kind of taking all of that back and finding out what I need to play the role, but of course I try to make it as real as possible so there are definitely elements of that." DELEVINGNE AND SCOTT SITTING
- Embargoed: 1st June 2017 18:48
- Keywords: fashion ice cream Moschino Magnum
- Location: CANNES, FRANCE
- City: CANNES, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Fashion,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0036HDA1QL
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Actress and model Cara Delevingne said having a shaved head was "liberating" on Thursday (May 18) at a Magnum ice cream and Moschino fashion label event on the Cannes beachfront.
The 24-year-old first unveiled the look in April ahead of her upcoming role in 'Life in a Year', in which she plays a woman with cancer who has one year to live.
Delevingne attended the event, which featured vogue dancers and ice-cream making, with Moschino designer Jeremy Scott.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None