- Title: Settler appears to be shooting from car in fatal incident
- Date: 18th May 2017
- Summary: BEITA, WEST BANK (MAY 18, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF MEN HOLDING FUNERAL FOR PALESTINIAN KILLED IN FATAL INCIDENT EARLIER WOMEN CRYING DURING FUNERAL VARIOUS OF MEN CHANTING AND HOLDING PALESTINIANS AND FATAH PARTY FLAGS DURING FUNERAL WOMEN ON BALCONY WATCHING FUNERAL MORE OF FUNERAL
- Embargoed: 1st June 2017 16:20
- Keywords: clashes in West Bank Palestinian killed settler shoots Palestinians Israel
- Location: HAWARA, BEITA, WEST BANK
- City: HAWARA, BEITA, WEST BANK
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0046HD9UMF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES
A Palestinian man was killed in the occupied West Bank on Thursday (May 18) when an Israeli settler opened fire as protesters crowded around his car and pelted it with rocks, according to multiple accounts.
A Reuters photographer and other witnesses said hundreds of Palestinians had gathered near the city of Nablus to show support for Palestinian prisoners on hunger strike in Israeli jails. During their demonstration, they blocked a main road used by both Palestinians and Israeli settlers.
Video footage showed a grey four-door car being forced to a halt in the middle of the road, next to an ambulance, and being bombarded with rocks. The driver can be seen inside, drawing a handgun and firing at least three shots towards the sides of the road, although the target is not clear.
Dozens of Palestinians participated later on Thursday in a funeral held for the man in his village in the West Bank.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None