- Title: Palestinians doubtful ahead of U.S president Trump's visit to the region
- Date: 18th May 2017
- Summary: RAMALLAH, WEST BANK (MAY 17, 2017) (REUTERS) CARS DRIVING PEOPLE WALKING AT MARKET PEOPLE WALKING NEAR MURAL OF PROMINENT PALESTINIAN PRISONER MARWAN BARGHOUTI MORE OF BARGHOUTI MURAL CARS DRIVING PALESTINIAN FLAG FLYING VARIOUS OF CARS AND PEOPLE AT STREET MEMBER OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE OF THE PALESTINIAN LIBERATION ORGANIZATION, AHMAD MAJDALANI, AT OFFICE
- Embargoed: 1st June 2017 11:59
- Keywords: Visit US President Donald Trump Palestinians
- Location: RAMALLAH, BETHLEHEM, WEST BANK/ JERUSALEM/ KHAN YOUNIS, GAZA CITY, GAZA
- City: RAMALLAH, BETHLEHEM, WEST BANK/ JERUSALEM/ KHAN YOUNIS, GAZA CITY, GAZA
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016HD70P3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza expressed doubt ahead of U.S. President Donald Trump's visit to the Middle East next week.
While welcoming Trump's efforts and committing themselves to work with him, some Palestinian officials remain wary that he has yet to publicly back a two-state solution, the longtime bedrock of U.S. and international policy.
Donald Trump will make the earliest foray into Israeli-Palestinian peacemaking by any U.S. president next week, but with mounting obstacles at home and abroad he faces long odds of succeeding where more experienced predecessors have failed.
Trump has boasted that with his negotiating skills he can bring Israelis and Palestinians together to resolve one of the world's most intractable conflicts and do "the ultimate deal".
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None