- Title: Vehicle strikes pedestrians in Times Square
- Date: 18th May 2017
- Summary: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (MAY 18, 2017) (REUTERS) WOMAN LAYING ON THE GROUND BEING HELPED BY MEDICS AND NEW YORK CITY POLICE OFFICERS ANOTHER WOMAN ON THE GROUND BEING HELPED BY MEDICS PERSON ON THE GROUND BEING HELPED BY MEDICS AND NEW YORK CITY POLICE OFFICERS
- Embargoed: 1st June 2017 17:53
- Keywords: Midtown Manhattan tourist site 10 people were being treated for injuries New York City's Times Square speeding vehicle struck pedestrians
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Ground Accidents/Collisions,Disaster/Accidents
- Reuters ID: LVA0016HDAGQV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: ++EDIT CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES++
A speeding vehicle struck pedestrians on a sidewalk in New York City's Times Square on Thursday (May 18), according to an announcement at nearby Reuters news agency headquarters.
The New York Police Department closed off the area.
A Reuters witness said at least 10 people were being treated for injuries on the ground after the collision at the Midtown Manhattan tourist site.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None