- Title: Being in the spotlight still makes me uneasy, Elizabeth Olsen in Cannes
- Date: 21st May 2017
- Summary: CANNES, FRANCE (MAY 20, 2017) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF CAST OF WIND RIVER FILM AT PREMIERE RED CARPET SHOWING ELIZABETH OLSEN, JEREMY RENNER AND DIRECTOR TAYLOR SHERIDAN PHOTOGRAPHERS ELIZABETH OLSEN CANNES, FRANCE (MAY 21, 2017) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) ELIZABETH OLSEN, SAYING (ON THE MORE GLAMOROUS SIDE OF BEING AN ACTRESS): "I am starting to embrace it more, it's a very intimidating thing to me, I mean I am a very low key basic, I am not trying to impress anyone with my sense of style so - I am just, I think my biggest call was to just be present and enjoy it and I had a lot of fun and I think every time the photographers are mad and are screaming I just can't help but laugh so I just think it's all hilarious and funny."
- Embargoed: 4th June 2017 15:35
- Keywords: Cannes Film Festival director Taylor Sheridan actress Elizabeth Olsen on the red carpet with Jeremy Renner UnCertain Regard competition film World premiere of Wind River
- Location: CANNES, FRANCE/ VARIOUS FILM LOCATIONS
- City: CANNES, FRANCE/ VARIOUS FILM LOCATIONS
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Film,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016HS62X9
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Actress Elizabeth Olsen says she's 'very low key' and sometimes finds the more glamorous side of being an actress 'intimidating'.
The American actress is currently at the Cannes Film Festival where her film ''Wind River'' is screening in the Un Certain Regard section of the festival.
When asked about walking the red carpet in Cannes and the more glamorous aspects of being an actress, she told Reuters:
''It's a very intimidating thing to me, I mean I am a very low key basic, I am not trying to impress anyone with my sense of style ...I had a lot of fun and I think every time the photographers are mad and are screaming I just can't help but laugh so I just think it's all hilarious and funny."
Olsen plays an FBI agent in the crime thriller, which also stars Jeremy Renner. Set on a Native American reservation in Wyoming, Olsen's character is called in after a woman is found dead in the snow, she then teams up with local tracker Cory, played by Renner.
Director Taylor Sheridan, well known for writing 'Sicario' and 'Hell or High Water' explained the importance of his film, saying there are 'countless issues afflicting the native community on reservations ..but none so desperate as the violence against women.'
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None