- Title: Jordan gets ready for WEF opening
- Date: 20th May 2017
- Summary: DEAD SEA, SWAYMEH, JORDAN (MAY 20, 2017) (REUTERS) ENTRANCE OF THE KING HUSSEIN CONVENTION CENTRE, WHERE THE WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM IS SET TO TAKE PLACE VARIOUS OF VEHICLES ENTERING THE CENTRE / SECURITY FORCES NEAR THE GATE VARIOUS OF GENDARMERIE OFFICER NEAR MILITARY CAR MILITARY CAR SEEN IN DISTANCE ENTRANCE OF THE CONVENTION CENTRE PARTICIPANTS AT RECEPTION AREA WEF SESSION SPEAKER, DIRECTOR OF GLOBAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT FOR GEMS EDUCATION, BRADLEY JONES, SPEAKING TO JOURNALIST (SOUNDBITE) (English) WEF SESSION SPEAKER, DIRECTOR OF GLOBAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT FOR GEMS EDUCATION, BRADLEY JONES, SAYING: "I think this is a critical period for the Middle East and North Africa. Obviously peopleâ€™s attention is focused on the immediate crises that are happening in the region, but I think we should not take our eye of the long-term issues, because when these countries that are in crisis at the moment start rebuilding, the education of their children will be a critical aspect of their success in rebuilding they infrastructure." VARIOUS OF PARTICIPANTS AND SPEAKERS IN RECEPTION AREA
- Embargoed: 3rd June 2017 07:59
- Keywords: security preparation Jordan World Economic Forum
- Location: DEAD SEA, SWAYMEH, JORDAN
- City: DEAD SEA, SWAYMEH, JORDAN
- Country: Jordan
- Topics: Government/Politics,International Trade
- Reuters ID: LVA0016HN4YTJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Preparations are underway ahead of the opening session of the World Economic Forum, set to take place in Jordan on Saturday (May 20).
Police and gendarmerie forces are spread out around the convention centre, ensuring the security of the over 1,100 business, economic and political leaders from the region participating in the conference.
The forum, taking place in the country for the 9th time, will focus on the theme "Enabling a Generational Transformation".
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None