- Title: South Korea's Moon names top ministers and security adviser
- Date: 21st May 2017
- Summary: SEONGJU, SOUTH KOREA (FILE - AUGUST, 2016) (REUTERS) ENTRANCE OF LOTTE SKYHILL SEONGJU COUNTRY CLUB SCULPTURE WORDS ON SCULPTURE READING (Korean and English): "LOTTE SKY HILL SEONGJU C.C"
- Embargoed: 4th June 2017 07:57
- Keywords: foreign minister finance minister THAAD cabinet Moon Jae-in President South Korea
- Location: SEOUL, PYEONGTAEK, SEONGJU, SOUTH KOREA / UNITED NATIONS
- City: SEOUL, PYEONGTAEK, SEONGJU, SOUTH KOREA / UNITED NATIONS
- Country: South Korea
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0036HS6O91
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: South Korea President Moon Jae-in named the finance minister, foreign minister, and top security advisor for his new government on Sunday (May 21), as it faces challenges nurturing economic recovery, soothing ties with China and dealing with North Korea.
Moon told a media briefing that he had nominated former vice finance minister Kim Dong-yeon as deputy prime minister and finance minister, while a United Nations senior adviser on policy Kang Kyung-wha was tapped as the next foreign minister.
Chung Eui-yong, a top foreign policy adviser during the presidential election campaign was named as the president's national security adviser.
Chung met with U.S. President Donald Trump's security advisers last week to discuss an upcoming summit and North Korea's nuclear issues.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None