- Title: Cathay Pacific to cut 600 jobs
- Date: 22nd May 2017
- Summary: HONG KONG, CHINA (FILE - NOVEMBER 17, 2015) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF CATHAY PACIFIC PLANE HONG KONG, CHINA (FILE - DECEMBER 10, 2012) (REUTERS) CATHAY CHECK-IN COUNTERS PEOPLE AT CATHAY PACIFIC CHECK-IN CATHAY PACIFIC SIGN ON TELEVISION SCREEN CHECK-IN LUGGAGE CHECK-IN HALL DEPARTURES SIGN HONG KONG, CHINA (FILE - APRIL 20, 2010) (REUTERS) (MUTE) VARIOUS OF CATHAY PACIFIC PLANES AT AIRPORT
- Embargoed: 5th June 2017 04:14
- Keywords: management redundancies jobs Cathay Pacific
- Location: HONG KONG, CHINA
- City: HONG KONG, CHINA
- Country: Hong Kong
- Topics: Company News Markets,Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA0016HX6UFH
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Hong Kong's flagship carrier Cathy Pacific Airways Ltd said on Monday (May 22) it would sack nearly 600 staff as the first step in a reorganization plan as the airline looks to return to profitability.
Some 190 management jobs will be cut while a further 400 non-management staff will lose their jobs, with most notified over the next month, the company said in a statement.
Cathy Pacific said the cuts, representing 25 percent of management staff and 18 percent of non-managerial positions at its Hong Kong head office, were the first step in a three-year program announced this year.
The airline said no frontline employees, cabin crew or pilots would be affected by the job cuts announced on Monday because Cathay Pacific was still growing, but staff in those positions would be asked to deliver productivity improvements.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None