- Title: Design competition for Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games mascot begins
- Date: 22nd May 2017
- Summary: ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** MEDIA / PHOTO SESSION (LEFT TO RIGHT) MORI, AND OLYMPIC AND PARALYMPIC MINISTER, TAMAYO MARUKAWA, DURING PHOTO SESSION
- Embargoed: 5th June 2017 10:45
- Keywords: Design Competition Mascot Japan Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Paralympics
- Location: TOKYO, JAPAN
- City: TOKYO, JAPAN
- Country: Japan
- Topics: Olympics,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0026HX6FCV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Elementary school children will be the final arbiters in the design competition for the official Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games mascot, launched on Monday (May 22), officials said.
Applications can be submitted to the Tokyo 2020 official website, from August 1st, by any Japanese citizen over the age of 18.
Before the elementary children cast their votes, the artwork will be reviewed by a selection panellist including Ryohei Miyata, the Commissioner of the Agency for Cultural Affairs, and Yoshiko Ikoma, a fashion journalist and an art producer.
The winner will be awarded with Olympic game tickets, and 1,000,000 yen ($9,000 dollars)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Video restrictions: parts of this video may require additional clearances. Please see ‘Business Notes’ for more information.