- Title: Nicole Kidman tears up on Cannes red carpet
- Date: 22nd May 2017
- Summary: ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTRESS NICOLE KIDMAN SAYING AFTER BEING ASKED WHETHER SHE FEELS LIKE SHE'S MADE A COMEBACK: "I just do my work, I love what I do, I do my best and I try every time, so I don't know about a comeback, I have been around the whole time, it's just sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes you don't, you know." KEOGHAN (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR BARRY KEOGHAN SAYING AFTER BEING ASKED WHETHER THE RED CARPET WAS INTENSE: "That was a laugh wasn't it? Seeing all of these, they were snapping, like, what's up? You know what I mean, it was a bit of a laugh, like, I don't get that stuff at home." FARREL'S HAND / FARREL (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR COLIN FARRELL SAYING AFTER BEING ASKED WHAT IT MEANS TO BE CALLED A THINKING WOMAN'S HUNK BY SOFIA COPPOLA, SAYING: "I have been saying it for years, it took Sofia (Coppola) for it to go worldwide via the net." REPORTER ASKING: "Do you think this represents a new shift in your career?" FARRELL ANSWERING: "No, not really, I don't really think of it in terms of career so much, this is the second film I've done with Yorgos (Lanthimos) and I was more than thrilled to be part of 'The Lobster', and again, to be anywhere close to him and the stories that he makes and how unique he is in his voice in film, it's an extraordinary experience to get to work with him twice." KIDMAN LEAVING
- Embargoed: 5th June 2017 22:48
- Keywords: The Killing of a Sacred Deer party Colin Farrell Keith Urban red carpet Nicole Kidman crying Cannes film festival
- Location: CANNES, FRANCE
- City: CANNES, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Film,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0026HX97PP
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Hollywood actress Nicole Kidman teared up and hugged her husband Keith Urban on the red carpet in Cannes on Monday (May 22) after the premiere of 'The Killing of a Sacred Deer'.
She plays the mother of children mysteriously struck with paralysis, which plays out like a horror film. Kidman will be pretty busy at the 70th Cannes film festival, appearing in three movies, including 'Killing' and a TV series screening. She plays alongside Irish actors Colin Farrell and Barry Keoghan.
Her previous Cannes film, Grace of Monaco in 2014, drew boos and hisses from the press screening.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None