- Title: Merkel vows to fight terrorism with Britain after Manchester attack
- Date: 23rd May 2017
- Summary: BERLIN, GERMANY (MAY 23, 2017) (REUTERS) BRANDENBURG GATE PAN FROM METAL BARRIERS TO BRANDENBURG GATE SIGN OF CHURCH ASSEMBLY SEEN BEHIND BRANDENBURG GATE CORDONED OFF STREET LEADING TO VICTORY COLUMN
- Embargoed: 6th June 2017 10:32
- Keywords: half-mast British embassy security Merkel attack Manchester
- Location: BERLIN, GERMANY
- City: BERLIN, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0036I26XC7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: German Chancellor Angela Merkel expressed shock and sorrow on Tuesday (May 23) at a suicide attack at a concert in the British city of Manchester which killed at least 22 people, and promised to fight people who commit such inconceivable deeds.
"This suspected terrorist attack will only strengthen our resolve to continue to work together with our British friends against those who plan and carry out such inhumane deeds," she said.
"I assure the people of Britain: Germany stands at your side," she added.
The British flag at the British embassy in Berlin was flying at half-mast on Tuesday morning and security measures around the Brandenburg Gate, where from Wednesday on more than 100,000 Christians will attend the annual meeting of the Protestant church in Germany, is expected to be heightened.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None