- Title: French corruption police search PSG footballers' homes - source
- Date: 23rd May 2017
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (FILE - FEBRUARY 13, 2017) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF PARIS ST-GERMAIN (PSG) STADIUM PARC DES PRINCES PSG LOGO SAINT-GERMAIN-EN-LAYE, FRANCE (FEBRUARY 13, 2017) (REUTERS) PSG TEAM TRAINING PSG MIDFIELDER, JAVIER PASTORE, TRAINING
- Embargoed: 6th June 2017 17:04
- Keywords: Argentinia Paris Saint-Germain Javier Pastore Angel Di Maria France anti-corruption police
- Location: PARIS AND SAINT-GERMAIN-EN-LAYE, FRANCE / MANCHESTER, UNITED KINGDOM / NEW YORK CITY, UNITED STATES
- City: PARIS AND SAINT-GERMAIN-EN-LAYE, FRANCE / MANCHESTER, UNITED KINGDOM / NEW YORK CITY, UNITED STATES
- Country: France
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016I29HS7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: French anti-corruption police searched the homes of Paris Saint-Germain footballers Angel Di Maria and Javier Pastore as well as the club's offices on Tuesday (May 23) as part of an investigation into alleged financial offences, a source close to the probe said.
The police operations were conducted as part of an investigation opened last December by the national financial prosecutors' office into alleged laundering of money acquired by fraud, the source said.
According to the Mediapart internet site, the searches of the Argentinians' homes and PSG offices in Paris and Boulogne-Billancourt stemmed from media reports last December of large-scale tax evasion by football stars.
That same month, a group of 12 European news outlets began publishing the results of months of investigations into millions of financial documents obtained by the German magazine Der Spiegel and dubbed the "Football Leaks".
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None