- Title: Jerry Perenchio, former head of Univision, dead at 86
- Date: 25th May 2017
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE - NOVEMBER 06, 2014) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF ART DONOR AND FORMER CHAIRMAN AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER OF UNIVISION, JERRY PERENCHIO, POSING FOR PICTURES WITH MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF THE LOS ANGELES COUNTY MUSEUM OF ART VARIOUS OF PERENCHIO AT NEWS CONFERENCE ANNOUNCING DONATION VARIOUS OF NEWS CONFERENCE (SOUNDBITE) (English) FORMER CHAIRMAN AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER OF UNIVISION, JERRY PERENCHIO, WHO IS DONATING OVER $500 MILLION DOLLARS WORTH OF ART TO LACMA, SAYING: "My family and I are proud and honored to be able to give something back to a wonderful city. I hope the gift of my art collection will inspire other collectors to do the same, and encourage all types of donations, large and small. Hopefully more large than small." CUTAWAY OF PHOTOGRAPHERS PERENCHIO (SOUNDBITE) (English) FORMER CHAIRMAN AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER OF UNIVISION, JERRY PERENCHIO, SAYING: "I have lived in Los Angeles for 70 years and I owe a lot of the success in my career to my city and I wanted to give something back, and my family and I wanted to give something back to the city, and you really have three things to do with your art when you die, you can leave it to your heirs, you can sell it, and if you sell it, you get cash, and then you give it to charity, and it's just money, and the art is replaceable. They're not making any more of this, the painters are all dead, and some of these paintings are extremely important, and so I decided, and my family decided with me, that we would leave it to a public museum in Los Angeles, and give it back to the community." PERENCHIO
- Embargoed: 8th June 2017 12:49
- Keywords: investor dealmaker Hollywood Univision Jerry Perenchio
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- City: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Art,Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Society/Social Issues,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016IC5077
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Jerry Perenchio, the billionaire television tycoon and former owner of Univision, has died at the age of 86, the Spanish-language network announced on its website.
He died of lung cancer, it said.
Perenchio, who was born in California, bought Univision in 1992 and propelled it into one of the largest networks in the United States.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None