- Title: Rolling Stone's Ronnie Wood has lung lesion removed successfully - publicist
- Date: 24th May 2017
- Summary: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (FILE - 2016) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** RONNIE WOOD AND FELLOW ROLLING STONES BAND MEMBERS POSING FOR PHOTOS WOOD SPEAKING WITH REPORTERS TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA (FILE - 2016) (REUTERS) WOOD SPEAKING WITH REPORTERS
- Embargoed: 7th June 2017 19:15
- Keywords: lung lesion surgery Rolling Stones Ronnie Wood
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES, TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA, LONDON, ENGLAND, BRITAIN
- City: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES, TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA, LONDON, ENGLAND, BRITAIN
- Country: USA
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016I79F7X
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Rolling Stone guitarist Ronnie Wood has had a lesion successfully removed from his lung, according to a statement released by his publicist on Wednesday (May 24).
The statement says the legion was discovered during a recent routine medical screening. Wood underwent keyhole surgery, also known as video assisted thoracoscopic surgery, to have the lesion removed.
According to the statement "no additional treatment is necessary and he is feeling fine." There was no mention in the statement about the nature of the legion or if it was found to be cancerous or benign.
The upcoming Rolling Stones European tour, scheduled to start in September, will not be affected, according to the release.
"I'm so grateful for modern screening which picked this up so early, and would like to thank all the doctors who treated me," Wood said.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None