- Title: Hollywood stars join charity cause in France to support the fight against AIDS
- Date: 25th May 2017
- Summary: ANTIBES, FRANCE (MAY 25, 2017) (REUTERS) **** WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY **** MODELS POSING ACTOR WILL SMITH ACTOR DUSTIN HOFFMAN VARIOUS OF ACTRESS UMA THURMAN ACTRESS NICOLE KIDMAN GERMAN ACTRESS DIANE KRUGER/ MODELS FORMER FOOTBALLER DAVID BECKHAM VARIOUS OF SINGER DIONNE WARWICK PHOTOGRAPHER HOLLYWOOD ACTRESS EVA LONGORIA ACTOR ALEX SHARP VARIOUS OF MODEL BELLA HADID ACTOR CHRISTOPH WALTZ VARIOUS OF AUSTRALIAN MODEL SHANINA SHAIK BRAZILIAN MODEL IZABEL GOULART MODEL DOUTZEN KROES AND HUSBAND SUNNERY JAMES PRODUCER HARVEY WEINSTEIN VARIOUS OF F1 DRIVER LEWIS HAMILTON MAN WEARING FACE MASK POSING PHOTOGRAPHERS PEOPLE FILMING VARIOUS OF DESIGNER AND AMFAR CHAIRMAN, KENNETH COLE (SOUNDBITE) (English) DESIGNER AND AMFAR CHAIRMAN, KENNETH COLE SAYING: "It's a very high-profile event, and people come and spend a lot of money, but they feel good about doing it. They dress up, they look good, they feel good about looking good and they feel even better about doing good." VARIOUS OF FASHION DESIGNER JEAN PAUL GAULTHIER AND MODEL COCO ROCHA (SOUNDBITE) (French) FRENCH DESIGNER JEAN PAUL GAULTHIER SAYING: "We're already continuing (the fight against AIDS), doing charity like this, I hope in as little time as possible and then it would mean it's finished --, but also to keep and wear condom, because it's still the best solution at this moment." GAULTHIER SPEAKING TO MEDIA MODEL KAROLINA KURKOVA (SOUNDBITE) (English) DESIGNER GEORGINA CHAPMAN SAYING WHEN ASKED WHETHER SHE WILL BE MAKING BIG BIDS FOR AMFAR: "Absolutely. I've already donated a Marchesa gown to the runway show tonight, tonight is about raising money, it's about doing good." . (SOUNDBITE) (English) MODEL KAROLINA KURKOVA, SAYING "All of us contributing, which we are." (SOUNDBITE) (English) DESIGNER GEORGINA CHAPMAN SAYING: "Yes, I've donated an auction lot, I'm excited to see how they sell." VARIOUS OF ACTOR CHRIS TUCKER TUCKER SPEAKING TO MEDIA (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR CHRIS TUCKER, SAYING: "AmfAR does a lot of good stuff, so I'm here to have a good time, go on stage -- I have a vintage Jaguar they want me to get auctioned off, so I'm going to go on stage and try and get somebody to pay a lot of money for it." ACTRESS NICOLE KIDMAN (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTRESS NICOLE KIDMAN SAYING: "That's what amfAR's solution is -- to find a cure and we're going to raise money -- so here we are, let's go!" SOCIALITE AND TELEVISION PERSONALITY, PARIS HILTON (SOUNDBITE) (French) ACTRESS IZIA HIGELIN IN CANNES IN-COMPETITION FILM 'RODIN', WHEN ASKED ABOUT WHETHER SHE WILL MAKE BIG BIDS, SAYING: "No, because I don't have the means, I don't necessarily have the means, if there's a Twix (a biscuit) to sell or something like that, yes, perhaps I'll look for a Twix." CAMERA FILMING HILTON HILTON AND HER PARTNER MODEL CHRIS ZYLK PHOTOGRAPHERS HILTON KISSING ZYLK (SOUNDBITE)(English) SOCIALITE AND TELEVISION PERSONALITY, PARIS HILTON, WHEN ASKED ABOUT THE KARDASHIANS, SAYING: "We do completely different things -- they do reality, I am running an empire, I just released my 23rd fragrance and I am a businesswoman, so, I'm very excited and proud of the empire I've built." ACTRESS LINDSAY LOHAN (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTRESS LINDSAY LOHAN SAYING: "I think everything that I do in my life, from now, from my past and my future, after working with the Syrian refugees, and spending time with (Turkish President Tayyip) Erdogan, I think that everything that we do, attached to Hollywood, has to be involved in charity. I think you always have to draw attention to the children that are suffering." LOHAN BLOWING KISS (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTRESS LINDSAY LOHAN BEING ASKED IF SHE'S HITTING THE DANCE FLOOR AFTER THE AUCTION, SAYING: "We'll see, I might head out early. I'm an early bird these days." GOLD DRESS VARIOUS OF MODEL JOAN SMALLS ACTOR ADRIEN BRODY VARIOUS OF BALMAIN DESIGNER OLIVIER ROUSTEING POSING WITH MODELS VARIOUS OF SINGER RITA ORA FORMER FORMULA ONE DRIVER NICO ROSBERG AND HIS WIFE VIVIAN SIBOLD
- Embargoed: 8th June 2017 23:41
- Keywords: Nicole Kidman Will Smith Paris Hilton Lindsay Lohan AIDS charity fashion Amfar
- Location: ANTIBES, FRANCE
- City: ANTIBES, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016IC99HP
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Hollywood stars like Will Smith, Nicole Kidman, and Uma Thurman turned up for the star-studded amFAR charity in Antibes on Thursday (May 25) night to raise money in the fight against AIDS.
The likes of Eva Longoria, David Beckham, Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan also turned up. Lohan, who made headlines in previous years for hard partying and her battle with drugs and alcohol, insisted that she is now an "early bird".
The auction took place during the two-week long 70th Cannes film festival.
AmFAR, the international non-profit organization which stands for American Foundation for Aids Research is dedicated to the support of AIDS research, HIV prevention, treatment education, and the advocacy of AIDS-related public policy.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None