- Title: Egyptian, Tunisian travel companies target Algerians at travel fair
- Date: 22nd May 2017
- Summary: VARIOUS OF VISITORS AT FAIR KIOSKS OF MEXICAN AND ETHIOPIAN EMBASSIES VARIOUS OF PEOPLE AT FAIR (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) MANAGER OF THE NATIONAL OFFICE OF TUNISIAN TOURISM IN ALGERIA, BASSAM OUARTANI, SAYING: "The aim of our participation in the 18th edition of the International Travel and Tourism Fair in Algeria is to promote more the relationship between professionals on both sides. To strengthen more the tourism flow that is today in both directions: from Tunisia to Algeria and from Algeria to Tunisia. We expect to see this year more than two million and half of Algerian tourists in Tunisia, and more than 800,000 Tunisian tourists in Algeria." TOURISM BANNER KIOSK OF EGYPTIAN TRAVEL AGENCY "FUNTOURISTS" VISITORS SPEAKING TO MANAGER OF FUNTOURISTS FLYERS ON TABLE (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) MANAGER OF FUNTOURISTS TRAVEL AGENCY, MOHAMED MOUNIR, SAYING: "Our goal of being here is to support and revitalise Egyptian tourism, especially as we are targeting Algerian society to visit Egypt. We have already had many Algerians tourists in the past years and hope that we will have more and more tourists in the coming years, God willing." SCREEN SHOWING ADVERTISEMENT VISITORS SPEAKING TO EXHIBITORS SCREEN SHOWING ADVERT FOR EGYPT VISITORS SPEAKING TO EXHIBITOR FLYERS OF TRAVEL COMPANY (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) MANAGING DIRECTOR OF EGYPT'S SCARAMOUCHE TRAVEL, TAMER EL-ABYAD, SAYING: "The Algerian tourist is a travelling man, he likes to travel a lot and we want to attract as many Algerian tourists as possible. The Algerian tourist is competing with the Ukrainian tourist for the numbers. God willing, there will be direct flights from Algeria to Sharm el-Sheikh. We are giving competitive prices compared to destinations in the Algerian market. We respect all other destinations but we seek to get as many tourists as possible from the Algerian market." VISITORS AT "VILLAGE VOYAGE" TRAVEL AGENCY STAND PEOPLE AT "JIL VOYAGE" TRAVEL AGENCY STAND PEOPLE AT "ROYAL ADVENTURE" STAND VARIOUS OF "HAPPY TOURS" TRAVEL AGENCY STAND VARIOUS OF PEOPLE AT FAIR (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) VISITOR, ABDELDJALIL, SAYING: "The aim of our visit is firstly to look at the various suggestions at the exhibition and secondly to have an idea of the suggested destinations, especially those that suit our budget. There are many options, thank God." VARIOUS OF PEOPLE AT TRAVEL AGENCY STAND (SOUNDBITE) (French) VISITOR, LEILA, SAYING: "We are looking for a quality travel package, good value, for children and family." VARIOUS OF VISITORS AT EXPO
- Embargoed: 5th June 2017 12:03
- Keywords: Tunisian travel egyptian exhibition tourism expo Algeria tourism
- Location: ALGIERS, ALGERIA
- City: ALGIERS, ALGERIA
- Country: Algeria
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Living / Lifestyle,Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA0036HX7JO5
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Tunisian and Egyptian travel companies were among more than 200 exhibitors taking part in an international tourism fair in Algiers.
The annual event drew a large participation from Tunisia.
The manager of the National Office of Tunisian Tourism in Algeria said the purpose of the fair was to boost travel in both countries.
"We expect to see this year more than two million and half of Algerian tourists in Tunisia, and more than 800,000 Tunisian tourists in Algeria," Bassam Ouartani said.
Egyptian companies too said Algeria was an important market for them.
"God willing, there will be direct flights from Algeria to Sharm el-Sheikh. We are giving competitive prices compared to destinations in the Algerian market," said Tamer el-Abyad, managing director of Egypt's Scaramouche Travel.
Despite its unspoiled mountains, a long Mediterranean coastline and spectacular deserts, Algeria lags behind neighbours Morocco and Tunisia in attracting foreign tourists.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None