- Title: Peace activists protest annexation of East Jerusalem 50 years ago
- Date: 27th May 2017
- Summary: TEL AVIV, ISRAEL (MAY 27, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF PEACE ACTIVISTS AND ISRAELIS FROM LEFT-WING PARTIES HOLDING FLAGS, SIGNS AND BALLOONS AND PARTICIPATING IN RALLY AT RABIN SQUARE IN SUPPORT OF PEACE WITH THE PALESTINIANS AND AGAINST THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE ANNEXATION OF EAST JERUSALEM
- Embargoed: 10th June 2017 20:44
- Keywords: Peace Now people protest rally in Tel Aviv Peace activists
- Location: TEL AVIV, ISRAEL
- City: TEL AVIV, ISRAEL
- Country: Israel
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0016IM64W7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Several thousand peace activists and Israelis from left-wing parties rallied in the Israeli city of Tel Aviv on Saturday (May 27) in support of peace with the Palestinians.
During the rally that was attended by the Israeli opposition leader, Isaac Herzog, participants called for peace and chanted against what they called it the "Israeli occupation" of East Jerusalem 50 years ago, when Israel took control over the city after the 1967 six-day war.
Protesters were seen waving Palestinian and Israeli flags together as a symbol for peace.
Israel seized East Jerusalem and the West Bank from Jordan in 1967 and later annexed East Jerusalem and declared the whole of Jerusalem as its capital in a move not recognised internationally.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.