- Title: Arsene Wenger's future with or without Arsenal due to be announced soon
- Date: 30th May 2017
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK (MARCH 7, 2017) (REUTERS) **** WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY **** VARIOUS OF ARSENAL FANS MARCHING AROUND EMIRATES STADIUM PROTESTING AGAINST EXTENSION OF ARSENE WENGER'S CONTRACT, BEFORE THE DEFEAT TO BAYERN MUNICH
- Embargoed: 13th June 2017 11:13
- Keywords: Arsene Wenger Arsenal Stan Kroenke
- Location: VARIOUS LOCATIONS
- City: VARIOUS LOCATIONS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0076J15PA7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A board meeting is taking place at Arsenal's Emirates Stadium on Tuesday (May 30) with the future of Arsene Wenger as manager on the agenda.
Wenger's contract as manager of the club ended with the final match of the season and decisions on his future have been made by senior management.
Board members are due to give their assent to those plans.
The 67-year-old Frenchman's brow has been constantly furrowed this season with intense speculation about his future overshadowing a campaign that saw the Gunners fail to finish in the top four for the first time since he took charge in 1996.
He was all smiles though as he joined the ecstatic celebrations on the Wembley pitch on Saturday (May 27) where Aaron Ramsey's late header won Arsenal the FA Cup final 2-1 against Chelsea and ensured Arsenal have now won three of the last four FA Cups after a 10-year trophy drought.
Wenger was ebullient about his side whose vibrant performance to outplay the Premier League champions he described as one of the proudest moments of his long career.
The Wenger debate has divided the club's supporters this season, creating what Wenger describes as a "hostile" environment which has affected his players.
He said more light would be shed on his situation on Wednesday or Thursday, but there seems little doubt Wenger is still held in high regard by the players.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None