- Title: South Korea says conducted joint drills with U.S. B-1B strategic bomber
- Date: 30th May 2017
- Summary: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA (MAY 30, 2017) (REUTERS) SOUTH KOREAN DEFENCE MINISTRY SPOKESMAN, MOON SANG-GYUN, WALKING INTO NEWS BRIEFING ROOM (SOUNDBITE) (Korean) SOUTH KOREAN DEFENCE MINISTRY SPOKESMAN, MOON SANG-GYUN, SAYING: "Yesterday we conducted a joint drill with a U.S. B-1B strategic bomber in Korean airspace."
- Embargoed: 13th June 2017 03:55
- Keywords: South Korea the United States bomber B-1B North Korea South Korean defence ministry South Korea join drills with U.S.
- Location: SEOUL AND OSAN, SOUTH KOREA / INTERNET
- City: SEOUL AND OSAN, SOUTH KOREA / INTERNET
- Country: South Korea
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0016J14UH3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: South Korea said on Tuesday (May 30) it had conducted a joint drill with a U.S. supersonic B-1B Lancer bomber after North Korea's state media earlier accused the United States of staging a drill to practise dropping nuclear bombs on the Korean peninsula.
Moon Sang-gyun, a spokesman for the South Korean defence ministry, said the exercise took place on Monday (May 29) but declined to give further details.
Earlier on Tuesday, North Korea's state media said the B-1B bomber flew over South Korea to stage "a nuclear bomb dropping drill".
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None