- Title: Security, emergency services rush to Kabul blast site
- Date: 31st May 2017
- Summary: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN (MAY 31, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF SECURITY, EMERGENCY SERVICES AT BLAST SITE AMBULANCE REVERSING TOWARDS BLAST SITE PEOPLE STANDING, LOOKING AROUND EMERGENCY VEHICLE RUSHING PAST ARMED SECURITY PERSONNEL WALKING AROUND BLAST SITE SEEN FROM UNDER VEHICLE SOLDIERS ON ROAD, EMERGENCY VEHICLE DRIVING PAST HELICOPTER FLYING OVERHEAD SECURITY, EMERGENCY SERVICES AT BLAST SITE PEOPLE GATHERED ON SIDE OF ROAD PEOPLE, SECURITY STANDING ON ROAD LEADING TO BLAST SITE ARMED SECURITY PERSONNEL STANDING AMBULANCE AND SECURITY VEHICLE DRIVING AWAY RESIDENTS WALKING PAST, FOLLOWED BY MEDIA SECURITY AND EMERGENCY SERVICES SURROUNDING DAMAGED VEHICLE AT BLAST SCENE AMBULANCE DRIVING PAST / EMERGENCY VEHICLE STOPPING ON ROAD / PEOPLE TAKING STRETCHER OUT OF EMERGENCY VEHICLE AND WALKING TOWARDS BLAST SITE RESIDENTS CROSSING ROAD / AMBULANCE TURNING VARIOUS OF PEOPLE AND ARMED SECURITY PERSONNEL STANDING ON ROAD IN FRONT OF SHOP FRONT AMBULANCE DRIVING PAST / ARMED SECURITY PERSONNEL STANDING ON ROAD DAMAGED SHOP FRONT, SMASHED WINDOWS
- Embargoed: 14th June 2017 07:07
- Keywords: blast Kabul explosion aftermath damage security
- Location: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN
- City: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN
- Country: Afghanistan
- Topics: Bombing (non-military),Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0016J64THJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Security and emergency services rushed on Wednesday (May 31) to the site of a massive car bomb in Afghanistan's capital, which authorities say killed at least nine people.
More than 90 wounded people were taken to Kabul hospitals, a public health official said, adding that the casualty total could rise.
The explosion took place in the centre of the city near the presidential palace and foreign embassies. Basir Mujahid, a spokesman for Kabul police, said it was near the fortified entrance to the German embassy.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the blast. A spokesman for Taliban insurgents said he was gathering information.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None