- Title: Victims of huge car bomb in Afghan capital arrive at hospital
- Date: 31st May 2017
- Summary: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN (MAY 31, 2017) (REUTERS) PEOPLE HELPING WOUNDED VICTIMS OUT OF VEHICLE WOUNDED PEOPLE WALKING TOWARDS HOSPITAL GATE AMBULANCES RUSHING PAST WOUNDED PEOPLE WALKING TOWARDS HOSPITAL GATE WOUNDED MAN BEING HELPED OFF BACK OF TRUCK WOUNDED PEOPLE IN BACK OF TRUCK AS IT DRIVES AWAY WOUNDED MAN BEING HELPED OFF BACK OF TRUCK AND ONTO STRETCHER / PEOPLE CARRYING STRETCHER TOWARDS HOSPITAL WOUNDED PEOPLE GETTING OUT OF BACK OF AMBULANCE
- Embargoed: 14th June 2017 06:06
- Keywords: Afghanistan blast Kabul blast explosion Afghanistan
- Location: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN
- City: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN
- Country: Afghanistan
- Topics: Bombing (non-military),Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0016J64RWN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: EDIT CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES
At least 67 wounded have been taken to Kabul hospitals following a powerful car bomb explosion in the Afghan capital on Wednesday (May 31), a spokesman for the ministry of public health said.
Police said several people were killed in the explosion, which occurred in an area close to many foreign embassies and government offices.
The explosion shattered windows and blew doors off their hinges in houses hundreds of meters (yards) away, and sent clouds of black smoke spiraling over the center of the city.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the blast. A spokesman for Taliban insurgents said he was gathering information.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None