- Title: Dutch Queen Maxima talks with Vietnamese officials
- Date: 1st June 2017
- Summary: HANOI, VIETNAM (JUNE 1, 2017) (REUTERS) **WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** EXTERIOR OF THE GOVERNMENT OFFICE IN HANOI QUEEN MAXIMA OF THE NETHERLANDS WALKING IN, SHAKING HAND WITH VIETNAMESE DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER, VUONG DINH HUE QUEEN MAXIMA AND HUE SHAKING HAND DUTCH DELEGATION MEETING ROOM HUE SPEAKING QUEEN MAXIMA LISTENING QUEEN MAXIMA AND HUE TALKING QUEEN MAXIMA SPEAKING HUE LISTENING QUEEN MAXIMA AND HUE TALKING QUEEN MAXIMA SPEAKING MEETING IN PROGRESS UNITED NATION FLAG PRESS MEETING ROOM SOUNDBITE (English) QUEEN MAXIMA OF THE NETHERLANDS, SAYING: "Given the amount of commitment that the government has shown, the momentum that the private sector shown in this level, also the development that has been going on, we really have seen that the six percent growth in GDP that been having in yearly terms, and have that translated into reduction of poverty, and the need right now is to start looking and increasing in terms of demand, increasing SMEs and increasing employment in this sense, I think we are really were pleased to go the next level of financial inclusion strategy development." PRESS MEETING IN PROGRESS SOUNDBITE (English) QUEEN MAXIMA OF THE NETHERLANDS, SAYING: "My first day, I had a very good visit in Da Lat, to farmers that actually had the opportunity to have what we called 'value change financing' in terms of bringing together the buyers, the products, the suppliers with the input, together with technical capacity and financing together. It truly was a really good pilot project that I hope to see scaled in the future in this country to really reach the potential that Vietnam could actually have." VARIOUS OF QUEEN MAXIMA PRESENTED WITH A PHOTO BOOK AS A GIFT QUEEN MAXIMA WALKING OUT OF THE PRESS MEETING ROOM EXTERIOR OF THE MINISTRY OF FINANCE IN HANOI QUEEN MAXIMA WALKING IN, SHAKING HAND WITH VIETNAMESE MINISTER OF FINANCE, DINH TIEN DUNG MEETING ROOM DUNG SPEAKING QUEEN MAXIMA LISTENING DUTCH DELEGATION QUEEN MAXIMA SPEAKING DUNG LISTENING QUEEN MAXIMA SPEAKING MEETING IN PROGRESS EXTERIOR OF THE MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND SOCIAL AFFAIRS, DAO NGOC DUNG QUEEN MAXIMA WAS GREETED AT THE CAR BY DUNG U.N. AND VIETNAM NATIONAL FLAGS DUNG SPEAKING QUEEN MAXIMA LISTENING QUEEN MAXIMA AND DUNG TALKING QUEEN MAXIMA SPEAKING DUNG LISTENING MEETING IN PROGRESS
- Embargoed: 15th June 2017 16:29
- Keywords: Dutch Queen Maxima Vietnam
- Location: HANOI, VIETNAM
- City: HANOI, VIETNAM
- Country: Vietnam
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Human Interest / Brights / Odd News,Royals
- Reuters ID: LVA0016JG6L3T
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Queen Maxima of the Netherlands visited Vietnam on Thursday (June 1) to hold talks with the country's top officers in Hanoi to discuss ways of helping the country to access the financial lifeline they need.
The Dutch Queen is on a three-day visit in Vietnam in her capacity as the U.N. Secretary-General's Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development.
The Argentinian-born Queen held talks with Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister Vuong Dinh Hue, Minister of Finance Dinh Tien Dung and Minister of Labour and Social Affairs Dao Ngoc Dung.
The aim of the visit was to evaluate Vietnam's potential when given access to inclusive financing.
Over 75 per cent of people living in the rural areas of Vietnam do not have access to financial services.
The services would be vital to help Vietnamese to have access to investments into farming and modern production technologies.
This is the second time Queen Maxima visited Vietnam.
In 2011 the then Princess Maxima paid an official visit to the South East Asian nation with her husband Prince of Orange Willem-Alexander.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None