- Title: Wenger signs new two-year deal with Arsenal
- Date: 31st May 2017
- Summary: LONDON COLNEY, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE - 2012) (REUTERS) ARSENAL PLAYERS TRAINING MANAGER ARSENE WENGER LOOKING ON LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE - OCTOBER 25, 2012) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF EMIRATES STADIUM BANNER SAYING: LET'S KICK GREED OUT OF FOOTBALL" INTERIOR BEFORE START OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING AMERICAN OWNER STAN KROENKE MANAGER ARSENE WENGER CHIEF EXECUTIVE IVAN GAZIDIS SHAREHOLDERS AT MEETING LONDON COLNEY, NEAR LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE - NOVEMBER 5, 2012) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF WENGER AT ARSENAL TRAINING
- Embargoed: 14th June 2017 13:50
- Keywords: Arsenal Arsene Wenger Premier League contract
- Location: LONDON AND LONDON COLNEY, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / ATHENS, GREECE
- City: LONDON AND LONDON COLNEY, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / ATHENS, GREECE
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0036J665OF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT CONTAINS MATERIAL WHICH WAS ORIGINALLY 4:3
Arsene Wenger has signed a new two-year deal with Arsenal that will keep him at the Emirates Stadium until 2019, the Premier League club announced on Wednesday (May 31).
The 67-year-old Frenchman's contract was due to end at the conclusion of the current season and his future had been the source of speculation for months.
Arsenal came a disappointing fifth in the Premier League this season, the first time they have finished outside the top four since Wenger took over at the club in 1996.
However, Wenger was given a boost by Saturday's 2-1 win over champions Chelsea in the FA Cup final and was given the backing of the club's board at a meeting on Tuesday (May 30).
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None