- Title: Tiny Lithuanian racers compete to become the 'fastest crawler in the country"
- Date: 1st June 2017
- Summary: VILNIUS, LITHUANIA (JUNE 1, 2017) (REUTERS) FIVE-METRE LONG STAGE PREPARED FOR BABY RACE LOGO READING (Lithuanian): "BABY RACES"
- Embargoed: 15th June 2017 16:29
- Keywords: baby race crawling competition
- Location: VILNIUS, LITHUANIA
- City: VILNIUS, LITHUANIA
- Country: Lithuania
- Topics: Human Interest / Brights / Odd News,Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA0016JG50ZD
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Mykolas Pociunas celebrated his 10-month birthday on Thursday (June 1) in a special way: he was named Lithuania's fastest baby in an annual competition marking International Children's Day.
The tiny tot was the winner among 25 toddlers, whose mothers lured them towards the finish line by flashing TV remotes, bottles with milk, red balloons, plush animal toys and mobile phones.
Several toddlers lost despite having an early lead, getting distracted or simply disinterested before reaching the finish line. Some babies didn't even make it past the start line.
The proud parents of Mykolas said were full of joy: "This is important, and you can only participate once in your life," his dad Vytautas told Reuters TV.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.