- Title: Comedian Kathy Griffin says her career is over after gory Trump photo
- Date: 2nd June 2017
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE - FEBRUARY 6, 2016) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF GRIFFIN AT DIRECTORS GUILD OF AMERICA AWARDS
- Embargoed: 16th June 2017 22:24
- Keywords: CNN news conference severed head comedian Donald Trump Trump Kathy Griffin
- Location: WOODLAND HILLS AND LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / INTERNET
- City: WOODLAND HILLS AND LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / INTERNET
- Country: USA
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0036JL7OEF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Comedian Kathy Griffin tearfully apologized in a Friday (June 02) press conference for posing with a fake bloodied and severed head depicting U.S. President Donald Trump, saying that she felt her career was now over and that Trump "broke" her.
Griffin has lost sponsorships and jobs, including her role as co-host of CNN's New Year's Eve coverage with journalist Anderson Cooper, since a photograph and video from the shoot appeared on social media on Tuesday.
President Trump said the image of Griffin with the gory mask resembling him was "sick" and that it had traumatized his family, especially his youngest son, 11-year-old Barron. Trump's oldest son, Donald Jr., called for employers to drop the comedian.
Griffin reiterated the apology she posted on social media late on Tuesday, but remained defiant, saying, "I'm not afraid of Donald Trump, he's a bully," adding that she intended to continue making jokes about the president, even though she says she's been receiving death threats.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None